Change of Address with USCIS

Most non U.S. citizens must report a change of address to Immigration, United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) within 10 days of moving.

You must report your change of address even if you:

  • Only moved to a new apartment in the same building,
  • Only moved somewhere else in the same town or city

If you have an application, petition or other case pending with USCIS or recently approved by, USCIS:

You have to send your address change to two places at USCIS. One for the general database and the other to your pending or recently approved case file so that you can receive important information about your case from USCIS without delay.

If you temporarily have no home, you must find an address that makes it possible for USCIS to send to you mail. Many people with applications pending, particularly green cards, do not receive their cards or biometrics appointment notice due to lack of a current address. The result is having to reapply which takes more time and being without a green card can cause problems for you. It could also cost more money, unless you apply for and secure a fee waiver from USCIS.

Intentionally not telling USCIS about your new address within the ten day period or at all, is a misdemeanor crime which could lead to a fine or jail time. It could also lead to removal proceedings and possible deportation.

The following link will take you to the page that tells you exactly what you need to do and how to do it.

USCIS Change of Address Information